Monday, November 12, 2007

P.I.G.



So, I consider myself a law abiding citizen, but I guess I'm wrong. Last Thursday night I thought I'd shave 10 minutes off of my return trip from school and skateboard home. As I was about a block away, a nice fellow in a dark car pulled alongside me and asked, "what makes you think you have the right to ride that in the street?" I was at a loss. Wasn't this America? I didn't respond, it wouldn't have made a difference. I sat and was lectured on "the Law" by a pseudo cop for about ten minutes. He tried to explain the location of campus and why my activities were illegal (although he never did explain where exactly campus is no matter how many times I asked him). After he had ran out of steam (and hopefully noticed that I was not arguing with him) he decided to let me off with a warning. He then added, "I understand where you're comin' from. Why, if I could do that..." No, officer, you don't understand where I'm coming from. I'm just trying to get home. But of course he's a cop, and who understands the criminal element more than them?

4 comments:

Will Kindrick said...

brian, you should've looked that cop dead in the face and said to him exactly what limp biscut's been telling you to say all these years.. "I'M GONNA DO IT MMYYY WAY!!"
or was that kid rock? same difference. either way, they really seem to understand the struggels of the young, poor, not rockstar and haven't made a gold record, house wasn't featured on mtv's cribes lifestyle we live. that's right, i'm reading your blog and making mildly witty comments. what are you gonna do about it??!!

Meg Duffy said...

Brian... I love this post and now I can't think of anything else when I see someone who is skateboarding.... this is classic, if only that policeman would have known who you really are, he would have let out skateboard ALL OVER campus and all over town... stick it to the man bri.

Guileless Mom said...

heh

My kid bro.

Stupid cops....

Me, myself, and I said...

Oct. 15: A police officer observed a 24-year-old male student skateboarding south of the Wilkinson Center. When the officer stopped him, he admitted he had been warned before and was issued a misdemeanor citation.

BRIAN...
Love~MOM