Monday, March 17, 2008

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately




Yesterday (Sunday) I went on a long drive. I told my roommate Rob before I left. It was one of those long meandering drives wherein one seeks to better understand oneself but seems to only find that they've wasted about half a tank of gas. It was pretty enough though. I let the 89 take me where it wanted. That was to Scofield. As I was driving, I was reminded of this Hemingway story where the guy is out in the middle of nowhere and he just starts swearing out loud, just because he can. Its kind of weird to be old enough to do that (if I wanted to). I sat out by this old mine for quite a while and took a nap and just thought before I turned around to go. All in all, it was a fairly nice getaway. I guess I just needed some time to think.
When I got back, everyone wondered where I had been off to. I told them, but I think it would have been funny if I had ended up just driving off to Mexico and starting fresh. Maybe cut my hair and
grow a beard. I think I'd probably end up working at Senor Frog's or selling chicles or something. I guess its better that I came home. If I hadn't , you guys would all be seeing this on the side of milk cartons in a couple of years

Last seen Age Progression

7 comments:

Guileless Mom said...

Really, Brian. Steve Buscemi???

Anonymous said...

I think you have nicer teeth than him. Just my opinion though.

Meg said...

I think that Steve was a good choice, to me he is what we all will look like one day. I know what you mean about drives, I do them all the time, I usually end up at the temple. I usually don't. It is sometimes the best way to do some thinking and changing and sometimes I ever have some adventures along the way. The best drive ever was the one I did during the BYU vs. UTAH football game. Soo good. I didn’t even care about the game (I know, I am going to hell for that). I blogged about it on my last blog(who died). And yes, I say WHO because to me bloging is like a person, the only person I can tell anything too. I journal everyday and my blogs always come from my journals. My journal/blog is my second favorite thing to do besides driving. I love the woods. We do not have enough of them here.

Me, myself, and I said...

you crack me up!~love mom

Will Kindrick said...

brian! i found this for you...

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/some_old_man_still_churning_out

layne said...

this. is. hillarious.

Anonymous said...

definitely... especially if you were a member of The Clash