Wednesday, May 21, 2008

All Night Long!!!



Whatever happened to parties? When I was a boy a party meant that people were going to have fun. There would be cake and presents and games and even a special treat bag. Those were great parties.
Then there was an evolution to "boy/girl" parties (note: these were not hermaphrodite theme parties but rather parties in which both boys and girls were invited). I have always been very intrigued by those parties. I would usually stand and feel awkward for a while until my friends wanted to leave. I never really understood these parties. The old ones made sense, they were an opportunity to have fun. These new ones were so enigmatic to me. They were not fun. What were they for? In theory,the idea was for us to hang out. How can you plan to hang out? Doesn't that kind of ruin the point? On top of this, they generally had music playing just loud enough that you can't really understand what is being said. On top of all of this I usually knew only one other person.
This takes us to the present. After entering college, I realized that any hope of a return to the older kind of party was futile (note: actually, I have been to one of these kind of rehashed parties. NOT GOOD. It was just too weird.). I went to a few and found them very similar to the boy/ girl parties. Then, after quite a few unsuccessful parties, I realized that by just turning the volume up on the stereo, the boring boy/girl parties could become DANCE PARTIES. This realization saved my party life. If there is one thing that I like, it is shakin' it (note: if you don't know what it is don't ask.) Oh how I've passed the nights away into the early morning moving to the latest hits. It seems like they've all been so great. However, I've noticed a disturbing trend, for some reason people have been trying to revert to the old boring parties. I hope that by writing this, I can make a difference. People, if your going to throw a party MAKE IT LIVE! Turn up the rap music or just don't invite me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the prince. The music video is even sweeter. you should here his big hit "musicology". its funny, we were all so focused on his butt and questionable sexuality, but we all missed out on how talented the guy is. (guy?)
You arent the only one who has to those feelings about parties, bring on the rap music!

Drew and Alicia said...

Word! I say in the most cliche way I can put it. Although I must confess I to like to shake it. Good post Brian it was true to heart.The louder the music, the more fun, the more ladies you get. to talk with that is. Can't wait to paddle out with you bro.

Will Kindrick said...

how 'bout you update your blog?? how 'bout that?