Sunday, February 24, 2008

Hurray For Stop Action

On Saturday night I went and saw the new film Be Kind, Rewind. Can I say here's to movies with heart? If its playing at a movie theater near you, I recommend it. It took me back to the days when I too was a fledgling filmmaker in Claremont, California. If I remember correctly, most of our movies involved incredible special effects and breathtaking stunts. Here's one of our old scripts:
Will: Hey bro, what's up?
Brian(facing away from the camera): Oh, my eyes hurt so bad!
Will: What is it? Let me take a look.
(Brian turns around quickly, revealing giant swollen eyes [made using ping-pong balls])
Brian: I think I have pinkeye.
End Scene
Afterwards, Amy made this guy that was trying to get with her stay and watch it. Amy laughed her head off. The guy didn't know what to do. It took everything in him not to gouge his eyeballs out and stick them in his ears to avoid the misery. When I someday accept some award for that film, or any other award which I am sure to accrue, your name will be on the list under little people.
Unfortunately that film was destroyed. Will recorded over it. Here's another movie.

6 comments:

Guileless Mom said...

It was ALL about the special effects.

Anonymous said...

so it was actually good? the previews didnt do such a good job of luring me in, but then i thought, mos def AND jack black, AND danny glover...this is a must!

Meg said...

that's funny, I was sittng next to Bran when he saw it and that is exactly what I kept saying......

Meg said...

Brian*, (not Bran) and that previous comment was driected at steven delgado.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

phew, Im glad you clarified that it was Brian, cus I just dont take well to people who socialize with bran. Great minds think alike, what better cast in the world could there possibly be?!